This one is for you mom.
If you are like me, you like pages on Facebook in order to access coupons or other savings, maybe as an entry to a contest or because a friend recommended it.
Those pages clutter up your news feed (though certainly you can hide them) and can get annoying if you have a rather prolific Facebook page poster.
Let me also mention, that Facebook does have a limit on how many pages you can like and friends you can have. Will most of us ever reach that limit? Probably not. But even so, do you really NEED a combined total of 5000 friends and page likes?
Whatever your reason for decluttering your liked Facebook pages, here is a quicker method for unliking them.
(The easiest way, though not the most time efficient or least aggravating, would be to go to your pages, visit each page individually and unlike them. Not!)
1. From your main Facebook page, i.e. your news feed page, find the Lists section in your left-hand sidebar.
Hover over Lists and you will see that its right MORE will appear. Click on MORE.
2. From the Lists page, click on the + Create List button.
3. An action box will open – Create New List. Name your list and click the Create button.
4. From your newly created list page, you want to click Add Friends.
5. A new action box will open – Edit *Your List Name*. From here, in the upper left there is a dropdown that initially reads Friends. Click here to open the drop down and select Pages.
6. Now a list of all the pages you have liked are now listed. Click on each page you would like to unlike, scrolling down clicking on each one. When you are satisfied with your selection, click Finish.
From your newly created list’s page, you can begin the quicker (and easier; now that the list is complete) process of unliking pages.
7. With all your undesirable pages listed, you will now see the feed for their most recent posts. When you hover over a specific post, you will notice that an arrow appears on the right-hand side.
Click on that arrow and open the dropdown. On the dropdown menu, select and click on Hide Story.
8. You will now see that the specific post is now hidden on your feed and that it gives you the option of taking this a step further, the step that is our goal. Unliking the page!
Click on Unlike page *insert page name here*.
It should now read, “…unliked. Its posts will no longer appear in your News Feed.”
If this page has made multiple posts recently (as was the case on the example above), you may still see this page on the feed. Simply refresh your browser and you will notice their posts are no longer or your feed, nor is the page listed on the right in On This List.
Simply continue to delete/unlike your undesirables until your list is empty. If you have many pages, you may want to do this in batches. A little here, a little there. A bit now, a bit later.
Once your list is empty, you can repurpose it by renaming it and adding new people/pages or delete it altogether. To do either, on the upper right-hand side of your emptied list, click Manage List and from the dropdown select to Rename List, Add Friends or Delete List.
Now that you are done with that, if you are a list user like I am, you may already have some of your pages categorized into appropriate lists. You can utilize this same process on your existing lists. Easy peasy really once you have the list in place and populated with the pages you want to unlike.
Have fun and enjoy your newly less cluttered Facebook feed!
This post may contain affiliate links. You help to support this site when you click on them. Thank you. Should you have any questions, please read our Disclosure Policy.